1. The Matrix: Flawless film. Perfect amount of character, story, action, quotable material, and originality. Plus, it’s the first film to ever implement the whole 360, slow motion idea of the camera. It’s a groundbreaking movie for its time and it never gets old. Red pill or blue pill?
2. The Boondock Saints: Two hot brothers who do the one thing we wish we could do everyday?! Irish men taking out the scum of the world in Boston. It’s wonderful on every front. Plus, how can you not watch it when William Dafoe is in it, bro?
3. Book of Eli: You know how sometimes the simplest of movies can just BLOW YOUR MIND? This is one of those movies. Beautifully done. Perfectly badass. Flawless plot twist at the end. There is just NO WRONG in this film. Gary Oldman. Mila Kunis. Denzel Washington. THE END!
4. Shutter Island: Transition from book to movie is simply well done. The small changes they made for the screen are undeniably more effective. Leo is as flawless as he usually is. Great story. Perfect suspense. NEVER gets old and I’ve seen it about a billion times. Highly recommend it.
5. Ironman: The only superhero movie, in my opinion, that created a perfect character arc. Tony Stark changes and his character actually develops effectively in a way that I don’t think any other superhero film has achieved. The second movie kind of ruins his arc, but my god, the first Ironman is literally one of my all time favorites. Robert Downey Jr. IS Ironman.
6. Girl With the Dragon Tattoo: And I mean American version. I’ve seen both and have not read the books so this opinion is strictly based on my film brain. I think this film is PERFECT. I definitely think the casting is better in this one. Rooney Mara IS the most badass woman in the world. Daniel Craig is simply brilliant. I loved the music, the cinematography, the writing, the EVERYTHING! Another movie I have seen countless times and love it still.
I have a hard on for Fincher movies.
7. Drive: I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS MOVIE IF YOU DON’T HAVE AN EYE FOR FILM. This movie is stunning in every way. The lighting in itself makes the movie beautiful. The story, ORIGINAL. Ryan Gosling: UNDENIABLY THE BEST ACTOR EVER. Wardrobe. Music. I could rave and rave and rave about this film and it still wouldn’t do it justice. So beautiful.
8. Horrible Bosses: You know when comedies can constantly make you laugh? This one never ceases to get me. The three main men in this movie mesh together so well. The story is so awesome. The banter is so believable. It is just the most wonderful comedy and I can quote the entire movie by now.
9. Se7en: I’ve only seen it once, but it blows my mind. So well done. I love everything about this. It’s so dark. So sinister. And though I did predict how it would end, I can still say that it generally is one of the best films I’ve seen in a very long time. Creepy. Believable. Good cast. Amazing story. Unfff.
10. The Three Musketeers: Not the new one, but the one with Keifer Sutherland and Charlie Sheen. It’s so good. Tim Curry is the most evil bad guy. The characters are funny, badass, and definitely heroic. It’s one of those movies I ACTUALLY own on DVD because it’s so amazing.
Is if someone promo’d me just for the sake of loving my blog. I have been really enjoying harassing people with superheroes, guns, and beautiful men. Not to mention ideas, videogames, and whatever weird film references you enjoy.
I just want to share it all with more people, but no one ever follows me! Lol.
realize that convo lines get shorter and shorter until the REAL problem is stated in one sentence.
It’s always just one basic problem. Le sigh.
I’m a bitch. I honestly should just have no friends. If you saw the Avengers, “What’s my secret? I’m always angry.”
Yes. Me, in a nutshell.
I hate people. I am ALWAYS mad about something. I am never satisfied and inside, I’m a ticking time bomb. If Michael ever dumps me, I’m going to be alone for the rest of my life.
but I am absolutely terrified for my short film shoot tomorrow. I am almost positive that everything will go smoothly and I know that I have some amazing people working by my side, but that does not settle my nerves.
I’m faking a wedding, guys. I’ve never done something of this magnitude before. I’ve never had to gather this many people in one place before. I’ve never actually needed to put this much effort into my projects before until now. This one is for real. It’s all up to me to get my vision captured on camera.
These actors have never met. These people have not all worked together before. I have never actually been completely in charge before. I am scared. I also am put under a time constraint since my main actor needs to leave by 5:30. We have about 9 and a half hours to get three scenes shot and if you know film, that could take hours.
My screenplay. My storyboards. My shotlist. My vision. Why should I doubt myself? I don’t know.
If you’re religious, pray for my success. Pray that my actors will mesh well, know their lines, and be prepared to act to their best abilities. Pray for wisdom and calmness for me so I can sleep and be calm tomorrow. Pray for my crew to communicate well and that the time constraints will not make us rush, but make us be precise. Pray that the equipment all works and that the batteries last. Pray that my computer doesn’t crash or anything bad. Just pray for the overall best experience we can have. I’d be so appreciative.
If you’re not religious, wish me luck. Wish my cast and crew the best. Text me happy things or send me ask messages of encouragement.
Thank you for reading and all support you guys. Love you. <3
New followers are cool!
My name is Laura, but the internet refers to me as lauraKiiLLZ.
I am found by that name on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
I am film major and plan to write screenplays.
I’m taken by a guy named Michael and we’ve been together for over 2 years.
I’m very opinionated and have anger problems.
I tend to go on photoshoots, but it’s just a hobby.
I love the idea of post apocalyptic worlds.
The Matrix is my favorite movie and Ironman is my favorite superhero.
I have a deep respect for men in the military.
I run a blog dedicated to Call of Duty.
Joehands0me is still the greatest montage editor and Operator Perry is my favorite commentator.
I am a Sony fan and prefer Marvel heroes.
I like stories about really messed up people and movies no one else enjoys.
Edgar Allan Poe is my favorite writer and my favorite story of his is Mask of the Red Death.
I think Toms & Ugg boots are ugly and wear combat boots everyday.
I constantly make film references and have a large enjoyment for video games.
I wear a leather jacket with everything and CONSTANTLY get ask messages about how I wear too much eyeliner.
I’m sarcastic and go one large reblogging sprees in themes. You’ll understand someday.
I’m pretty fucking awesome so you should probably send me asks so I can check out you blog. <3
I’ve been very interested in military things since I started watching Enemy at the Gate and what not. Call of Duty got me even more into it, but I’ve never really done extensive research on it. I am going to be writing a screenplay about post-apocalyptic factions of military soldiers trying to stop a takeover by another evil faction.
One of my characters is a woman. She is an amazing sniper. I just found out that women aren’t allowed to be snipers in the Marines. This is why writing Sci-fi is so cool. I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT AND GET AWAY WITH IT!
Post apocalypse, FTW!