1. The Matrix: Flawless film. Perfect amount of character, story, action, quotable material, and originality. Plus, it’s the first film to ever implement the whole 360, slow motion idea of the camera. It’s a groundbreaking movie for its time and it never gets old. Red pill or blue pill?
2. The Boondock Saints: Two hot brothers who do the one thing we wish we could do everyday?! Irish men taking out the scum of the world in Boston. It’s wonderful on every front. Plus, how can you not watch it when William Dafoe is in it, bro?
3. Book of Eli: You know how sometimes the simplest of movies can just BLOW YOUR MIND? This is one of those movies. Beautifully done. Perfectly badass. Flawless plot twist at the end. There is just NO WRONG in this film. Gary Oldman. Mila Kunis. Denzel Washington. THE END!
4. Shutter Island: Transition from book to movie is simply well done. The small changes they made for the screen are undeniably more effective. Leo is as flawless as he usually is. Great story. Perfect suspense. NEVER gets old and I’ve seen it about a billion times. Highly recommend it.
5. Ironman: The only superhero movie, in my opinion, that created a perfect character arc. Tony Stark changes and his character actually develops effectively in a way that I don’t think any other superhero film has achieved. The second movie kind of ruins his arc, but my god, the first Ironman is literally one of my all time favorites. Robert Downey Jr. IS Ironman.
6. Girl With the Dragon Tattoo: And I mean American version. I’ve seen both and have not read the books so this opinion is strictly based on my film brain. I think this film is PERFECT. I definitely think the casting is better in this one. Rooney Mara IS the most badass woman in the world. Daniel Craig is simply brilliant. I loved the music, the cinematography, the writing, the EVERYTHING! Another movie I have seen countless times and love it still.
I have a hard on for Fincher movies.
7. Drive: I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS MOVIE IF YOU DON’T HAVE AN EYE FOR FILM. This movie is stunning in every way. The lighting in itself makes the movie beautiful. The story, ORIGINAL. Ryan Gosling: UNDENIABLY THE BEST ACTOR EVER. Wardrobe. Music. I could rave and rave and rave about this film and it still wouldn’t do it justice. So beautiful.
8. Horrible Bosses: You know when comedies can constantly make you laugh? This one never ceases to get me. The three main men in this movie mesh together so well. The story is so awesome. The banter is so believable. It is just the most wonderful comedy and I can quote the entire movie by now.
9. Se7en: I’ve only seen it once, but it blows my mind. So well done. I love everything about this. It’s so dark. So sinister. And though I did predict how it would end, I can still say that it generally is one of the best films I’ve seen in a very long time. Creepy. Believable. Good cast. Amazing story. Unfff.
10. The Three Musketeers: Not the new one, but the one with Keifer Sutherland and Charlie Sheen. It’s so good. Tim Curry is the most evil bad guy. The characters are funny, badass, and definitely heroic. It’s one of those movies I ACTUALLY own on DVD because it’s so amazing.